Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Inspiration

I was watching the music video for "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's. And I started wondering....

Was there actually a Delilah?

Did Tom Higgenson (lead singer of Plain White T's) actually write this song for a girl?
Was her name actually Delilah?

Is the story true?

I'm assuming he did. Because I know how hard it would be to write a song like that that didn't have some type of emotional attachment to it.

I know that I've written songs that have been inspired by people I've met, known, even liked. I guess my point is, is that I always wonder what songs mean? What they go back to? What is the message? What's the emotion? What or Who is the inspiration?

I listened to some music today written by somebody I used to know for a short period of time, and I asked all these questions. It was sort of therapeutic.

Wouldn't it be cool to be the inspiration for a song?

Kirstyn

No comments: