Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We've all got our fake photo smile mastered.

I thought it would be a shame to only leave you with the fake photo smile idea so I decided to add a post beneath the title. I was inspired by, of all things, facebook. So many pictures of the same old thing. Girls smiling, or pouting with their arm holding up the camera, it partially obstructing the picture. It looks fake. It's hard to find a good people picture. People always look happy when they're not, or depressed when they're really happy. But occasionally whether it be by chance or talent someone actually takes a picture that lets you see into the person in the photograph. It's real. It reveals something genuine, and for a split moment in time you were able to capture them.


But don't get me wrong. I think pictures are a lot of fun to take, especially on an iMac with that photobooth program. But I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we're very good at faking our emotions. Especially in photographs.

No comments: