Sunday, July 22, 2007

Goodbye

So, it's here, my last night in Deutschland. I had an amazing last weekend. My cousins Björn and Dennis came over and stayed for the weekend and we had so much fun. We went to Switzerland on Saturday and saw some mountains (but the weather was bad, so we didn't get to see that much.) but it was still fun. I ate Cheese fondue for the first time. Then this morning I made pancakes, and we had an American breakfast haha. It was a hit. We did some more sight-seeing today and just talked and enjoyed eachother's company.

I've learned a lot about myself this past month. I can't really place my finger on everything yet, because I'm still trying to figure out just how significant my time here has been. But even without knowing what in me has changed, I know something has. I hope you understand what I mean.

I've definately seen another side of me, a side that can handle a lot more than I ever thought I could. A side that sees that I am beautifully and wonderfully made in God's image. A side that loves adventure, trying new things, stepping out of my comfort zone. A side of me that realizes that things change, views change, feelings change. A side of me that knows that I can't go anywhere in this world where God won't follow me, protect me, hear me, and love me.

So, I had to say Goodbye again tonight to my cousins, and it was really hard. I won't lie. But, Goodbyes are part of life, they just happen. And no matter how hard I try, I cannot make time stop, nor should I want it to. Instead I should take each day for what it is. I should enjoy it to the best of my ability. And when it comes to an end, instead of being sad about saying goodbye, I should be ecstatic because I made another adventure, another experience, another memory.

So for the last time, ich bin die Kirstyn in Deutschland.

Ciao

No comments: