Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Slow Down

I always seem to be hurrying. Rushing through the day, trying to get everything done as fast as possible. My year is marked by months, marked by weeks, marked by days, marked by hours, marked by minutes. Even with the books I read I find myself meticulously counting the pages. Books in my mind are split up in Chapters, which are further split up into 100's, 50's, 20's, 10's of pages until we get down to page by page.

Time seems to go by so fast. The weekdays blend into one, and the weekends are definitely not long enough. I enjoy life. Each day is appreciated. But sometimes I wish that I had more than 5 minutes in between my classes, so that I could take my time and maybe talk to somebody in the hallway. I wish that I had longer than 26 minutes at lunch time to eat and converse with friends. I wish that the days didn't just mesh into one. Instead of each day being invidivual it turns into this (I hate to say) routine of Get up, Go to school, Go home, Do homework, Eat, Read, Bed. Now obviously that's a slight exaggeration seeing as my days are filled with many more things than those seven I just listed, but that's what it feels like.

I want to teach myself to walk slower, talk slower, eat slower, and ultimately breath slower.
But I just don't have the time. Ironic, isn't it.

Tomorrow, I'll try to slow down a bit. Change things up a bit.
Kirstyn

1 comment:

Jon Berg said...

i definitely try the slow thing. people get mad at me for it though..;P

name calling usually ensues.