Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've gone downtown about 3 times in the past week with my brother, and my friends to have coffee or to go to church. I love going downtown Toronto, but lately I've just realized the need for healing in that area. As I walk down the dirty sidewalk of Yonge Street, past Dundas Square I'm bombarded with constant advertisements, or people handing out pamphlets on Islam. I walk past the Church of Scientology, and the Strip bars, and the Gay bars. I look into the eyes of the people passing me and my heart breaks. I won't deny the sense of fear that rises up in my spirit as I walk down that Strip of Yonge. But once that feeling of anxiousness has dissipated the knowledge of the need for Jesus in downtown Toronto practically hits me in the face like that of the biting wind on a cold November night. I don't have any answers. I just know is that my heart starts crying when I see all of these hurting people. And I have no idea what to do about it.

During worship tonight at central, I saw God stamp "MINE" on my heart. That stamp represents His protection, His favour, and His love.

He's been showing me his love these past few weeks and during that time I've been asking Him to give me the strength to love people like they love them. And I know that when my heart cries out for these people that I see, It's God saying: "I love the guy that's sitting on that street corner begging for change. I love the group of people that you just walked past who are laughing and having a good time. I love the man that stands at the same street corner everyday and asks people the time. I love the guy who's talking to himself on the subway. I love the woman that works at the Strip bar. I love the people of downtown Toronto, and I haven't forgotten about them. I love them just as much as I love you.

Kirstyn

No comments: