Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Draw Near" - John Reuban

when all vanishes and I stand in this place to face the truth for what it is/
with no human escape to hide behind just my soul 'n God and I find it mind blowing knowing that humanity and a mere mortal like me/
can have my slate cleaned of mistakes and the chance to put on immortality/
even though darkness has hardened us in deception and spoken otherwise/
man I refuse to take in that nonsense and I refuse to buy into these lies/
these lies of pain, these lies of shame, these lies of complete dysfunction/
this lie of hopelessness that will make a person feel like they're nothin'/
this lie that will make me feel like my struggle is one too much to fix'n/
isn't that what darkness wants for me? to play the role of a victim?/
but I'm a child of light no longer bound by slavery/
I say oh death where is your sting/
and oh hades where is your victory?

No comments: