Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We don't know when!

It bothers me when people say "I think that Jesus is going to be coming back in the next _______" and then they give a time frame. Year, Decade, Century, whatever.

I guess it just irks me because it says in the bible that nobody knows the time or day when He'll return. There's practically a whole chapter talking about it in 2 Thessalonian! Paul tells the people to not be easily fooled by the ones that tell them that the time of the Lord has arrived.

There are so many things I still want to accomplish in this lifetime. And call me sacreligious but I don't know if I'm ready for Jesus to return yet. I don't fully know. What I do know is that when he comes back it's going to be the single best thing the world has ever seen aside from possibly the beginning. But that doesn't mean I'm done living on this earth yet. It sounds immature, and it probably is. But at least I'm being honest.

He could come back tomorrow, or He could come back a million years from now. Nobody knows.

So don't say that you do.

It's not about the time. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about knowing that God's looking out for us, and that all we need to do is live in the truth, and search it out.

I'm good as long as Jesus knows the time he's gonna come back here. And I'm 100% positive He's got that date covered.

Peace.

1 comment:

kathleen said...

I'm also irked when people try to cap a time frame on Jesus' coming. My friend once said something to me that's stuck:
"always live each day like it's your last, but remembering the consequences that your life today will have on the future"

chances are today isn't going to be your last. but you still gotta live every moment for the Lord yno?

i feel like i'm contradicting myself. ahhh i can't get words quite out.