Sunday, March 08, 2009

A New Season

Today, myself, and a group of 20 or so other kids my age have lost someone very dear and near to our hearts. Today was the farewell Sunday service for my youth pastor, Pastor Mark.

I found this news out about a month ago, and these last four weeks at youth have been a combination of fun times and serious times where our youth group has gotten a lot closer. I think goodbye's do that to people.

I don't think I realized how much we're all going to miss Pastor Mark until I went up to say goodbye this afternoon. I had been able to hold back the tears and emotions quite easily during the service, but something just hit me when I realized that I wouldn't be seeing our favourite youth pastor every Friday anymore, and that I wouldn't we hearing all of his corny, yet amazing jokes on a regular basis.
Saying goodbye made me realize how much of an impact Pastor Mark has had on our lives these past few years. He has been such an encouragement to me and to my friends.
I didn't think I was going to cry, but I think we all shared a few tears today.

But I know God has something even greater things in store for this youth ministry. And I just wanted to take the time to bless PM and his family in their new ministry. We're all going to miss you guys a whole lot. And I'm never going to forget how faithful you've been to us, and all the words of truth and encouragement you've spoken into our lives. It's definitely been a journey. And I'm blessed to have been a part of it.

K

No comments: