Saturday, February 23, 2008

You won't find me in the lay-by.

This year has been a good year for confidence.
I think the things that I've experienced this year have brought me to a place of finding out who I am.
It's given me a push to do more than I thought I could do; be more than I thought I could be.
And through all this growing I've been supported.
And that support has brought me to a level of self-assurance.

I'm confident in what I believe, while still knowing that I will never be finished learning about God and his love.

I'm confident in my appearance - That has a lot to do with this past summer. I actually wake up in the morning now and feel beautiful. And I think that that is the result of many things: Germany, Camp, Anne Frank. I also see it as a sign that I'm starting to live in the love of God that I believe so strongly in.

I'm confident in my relationships - I've had such great fellowship this year. My friendships have grown. I've met new people and fell in love with them. I've the old friendships and I continue to love seeing how much God is doing in their lives too.

I'm confident in my abilities - I know that my strength comes from Him. And I actually believe that I'm capable of doing what I put my mind to. And even then, not only am I capable of doing it, but I'm capable of doing it well.

And the cool thing is that nobody is going to convince me otherwise.
K

No comments: