Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flowers

As I told you before, my mom bought me a beautiful bouquet of tulips on my birthday. They sat in my room for over a week, and I admired their beauty every day.

I think the reason why I love the idea of receiving flowers is the simple fact that they don't last forever. Therein lies their value. They're precious because they can only be admired so long before they fade. You need to make time to care for them, to smell their scent, take in their sweetness. They don't wait for you to do so, and if you wait too long, you've missed out.

They can't be taken for granted.

2 comments:

Luke Anthony said...

This reminds me of a passage suggesting that many girls (rightly?) compare their youth or their innocence to the short, beautiful life of the flower. Precious because it is beautiful; and beauty is precious because it is so ephemeral.

Donna said...

true... i like that