Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thought trail...

I honestly feel like just rambling right now. I don't know if I have anything particularly exciting to say or not. But let's just see where this takes me.

I got a lower mark than I've ever gotten on an exam this past week. A mark that doesn't count toward my top six AT all, and I got more upset about it than I wanted to.
My parents say that I'm setting my standards too high, and they're right.
I've spent the whole day home alone today. My parents are off at a wedding, my brother is in Hong Kong, and therefore I'm here by myself.
It's good to be alone sometimes.
It thunderstormed for the first time in a while today. Thunderstorms are exciting when you share them with family or friends, yet kind of intimidating when they sneak up on you when you're home alone. A trampoline in my neighbour's backyard across the street got picked up by the wind and thrown over the fence. It landed on top of a small maple tree. Needless to say, that maple tree is probably dead now. Shame.
You know what's not fair? The fact that we never fall for the friend who's always there for you, but for the friend you leaves you hanging all the time, and never really liked you that much anyway. It's completely backwards.
I feel more than ever that my entire life is lying right in front of me. That my dreams are within arms reach.
What happens in two months when I graduate? What happens to my friends as they move on with their own lives? Yea, sure I feel like getting out of high school, doesn't mean I won't miss a few things that I leave behind.
Maybe I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. Actually, I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. Have a little dash of reality. Sometimes it feels like I'm living in a dream.
... alright. That's enough.

K

3 comments:

Abram said...

it "IS good to be alone some times."
but ye know other times are all the other lines. :p (hmm I wonder if anyone will get this comment?)

Luke Anthony said...

I enjoyed reading this. I wonder what you mean by the dreams being within reach part.

(kirstyn) said...

I think I get it Abram. lol.