Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just thinking...

I think we all have to come to a point where we realize that we're not the most important person in the world.
Because, I think subconsciously we all believe that we are.
And the most important thing in the world for me could be nothing in your perspective.

But, having said that, I don't think that that should make us do things with any less passion or vigor.
I still have a purpose. I still have a reason for being here.
I guess we just have to realize that everyone has a purpose and a reason for being here, and they're all different.
Which makes it difficult for other people to get stoked about your purpose I guess...
...or maybe not.
Unless they love you to bits.
Then sometimes they're more stoked than you are, because they have an outside view..

hmmm....

K

1 comment:

Luke Anthony said...

Interesting thought.

I guess maybe there are less "people" and more "purposes". Purposes don't belong to specific people, and other people can want the same thing. I think if people want help, or interest, or anything, they shouldn't focus on their own "purposes".

For example, if I want to become a writer because I think I'll enjoy that career, it's hard for other people to say, "I want Luke to become a writer, because he'll enjoy his career." On the opposite hand, if I say, "I want to write good things that people want to read," other people can easily say, "I want him to produce good things that I want to read." Then that purpose that I'm following gets the help and interest it needs.

I guess what I mean to say is that if you choose purposes that benefit you only, nobody wants to help. If you want help, you have to be working for other people.

I hope that sounds less rambly than it feels!