Friday, August 15, 2008

Come and change the way I think.

I'm done. Completely finished. Today was my last day of work.
It feels strange because it went so incredibly fast, especially the last two weeks.
I worked for 7 weeks. And if 7 weeks are over and done with then that must mean that school is creeping around the corner of my summer.

It didn't really feel like summer vacation this year. Maybe it's because this year we broke the record for the most rainfall in one summer. Maybe it's because this was the first summer that I had an official job.

I told a little boy that I teach, named Jonathon, that this was my last day at camp. He thought about it for a while, and then he came back up, gave me a big hug, and said, "I'm going to miss you a lot!"

Well, summer isn't over yet. Two more weeks. I plan on enjoying every day. But when it is over, I'll be ready.

This summer's different that way.

No comments: