Saturday, October 13, 2007

My list of things to do.

So, about half a year ago I wrote a "Things I Want To Do In This Lifetime" list in my diary. Some of them are serious, some of them silly. Pretty much ranging from the classic "Get married" or "Go to University" to things more superficial and easy like "Get a pedicure".

Anyways, today I was reminded of the list that I wrote and so I pulled out my diary. I don't write in my diary nearly enough because honestly I like typing a lot more than I do writing. But, I do enjoy reading back on what I've written.

My point is, is that as I was reading the list there were 2 or 3 things on that list that I have actually accomplished and could check off my list. And the most important of those 2 or 3 was my Number Five on that list: Be in a Play. Come this February I will be in the production of "The Diary of Anne Frank" at my school. I was cast as Margot Frank, the older sister. Ideally I would have loved to be Anne herself, but I've been praying about this play for a long time, and I feel honoured to have made it, especially considering that many people that tried out did not.


Over these past few months I have developed a new attitude where I want to experience new things, and be more creative. God is the author of creativity, and I feel that there's something special about expressing yourself musically, artistically, and in this case dramatically.

This whole "Play" thing is totally new to me. I've never been in a play, and I have no idea what to expect. I just know that it will be so much fun, and I'm ready to face anything that comes my way.

Kirstyn

No comments: