Monday, October 29, 2007

God's been continuing to reveal his love to me this week. Earlier on in my "God's love" post I listed what God told me his love was like. And yesterday he showed me his love in Colour. I wasn't looking for it, and I wasn't expecting it. I was just worshiping him, and focusing in on him when all of the sudden I got this picture in the front of my mind of colour spouting out from two holes. Blue was coming from the left side of the picture, and red from the right side. And they started mixing together and forming this beautiful solution of blues, and reds, and purples.

The colours had a consistency of molten lava. They were hot, and bubbling, and swirling around. The colours just kept on coming and mixing together. It almost seemed as if the flow of the colours was related to rythym, and tempo of the worship music. (The colours would pour faster when the tempo got faster etc.)

The cool part about this picture that I got in my head was that it wasn't like some crazy spiritual encounter or anything. It wasn't as if I were "slain in the spirit" or "unaware of my surroundings" but there was just a peace that came over me. It was like God was saying, "Hey, In the midst of your worship, I'm just going to bless you by revealing my love to you. This is my love in colour."


I think the fact that colour was the first on the list of describing words for God's love in my previous post, and the fact that God revealed his love in colour to me first as well is really significant. I've never experienced or even thought that his love could have any more description than a really strong feeling. But now I know better.

This may sound crazy to you, but this is what God is doing in my life right now. This is true, and real.

Kirstyn

No comments: