Wednesday, October 17, 2007

All for Love?

It's crazy what we do for love.
There is a yearning in all of us to love and to be loved. I understand that, I feel that, I've experienced that.
I suppose it's about how you go about getting love or giving love in a sense.
We all seem to look in different places.
One situation in particular has been brewing around in my brain all day long and I can't seem to shake it. Maybe I have no right to think about it, and I probably have even less right to speak about it because its not my business.
"Drama" is overrated.
I guess the question is: What is love worth to us? Is it worth giving up your friendships? Is it worth changing who you are? There are all these worldly misconceptions about love, and its all a lie. Love should not be determined by our feelings. For if we rely on feelings alone without truth involved then we are lost. Literally. We begin to lose sight of who we are. And we do this all for love, love that isn't real.

I'm only beginning to understand my heavenly Daddy's love for me. I try to wrap my mind around what that unselfish, unconditional, overpowering, passionate love is like. I can't imagine it, yet Jesus loves me like that. I've been reveling in being single. Simply because there's no way I can understand romantic love if I am still trying to grasp what Daddy's love is for me.

If I'm gonna find love in a guy like so many of my friends are searching for these days, man I better start looking towards heaven, because that is where I'm gonna find truth on how to love and be loved.

No comments: