Sunday, January 07, 2007

The New Year

My blog is acting wierd... I have no place to change the font, or the size, or the colour of my blogs anymore (I'm still figuring out why - so temporarily excuse the ugly font, size, and colour)

Anyways...

So, it's 2007. Do people that make new years resolutions keep them? I used to make them. Every year I would have a list of a few things I'd like to change in my life. But then I realized that when I would make those resolutions, I would only dissapoint myself, because by the 3rd week of January the changes I had decided to make in my life had been broken.
Sometimes I find resolutions funny. Almost as if we think the passing of a new year means that we need to smarten up, and that now we're going to finally do those things that we've put off. However, If we actually kept the resolutions we make then wouldn't our lives start to get better as the years pass by? Are resolutions made to be broken? And why do we only make them on new years? Why not make them in April, or September or any other time during the year?
Now, by saying this, I don't mean that I don't like when January 1st rolls around. I like the new year. It makes me feel good. As if I have a fresh start. I always get excited because I know that with every year comes new responsibilities and life experiences. I wonder about what God's gonna do in my life this year, how he's gonna change me and mold me into the woman I'm supposed to become. And how through those experiences I know and trust that I'm gonna grow spiritually, and continue to walk with God.
Anyways.. I guess these are the thoughts that I have on the new year.
That's all
K

No comments: