Friday, September 03, 2010

I'm back.

I've been gone for quite some time. But I'm back from Québec, and more bilingual than I was when I left.

One of the things I love about leaving home is that being away gives you a sense of freedom and independence you'd never find from your hometown backyard. When you leave home for a period of time, you learn how to trust God with even the smallest of situations. You feel adventurous, and crazy, and beautiful. You feel courageous, and carefree. And at times, you feel homesick, and unsure, and frustrated. But in the end, the positive always outweighs the negative. I never knew feelings could be so tangible. I don't think it's possible to leave and come back the same person. But I think that that's a good thing.

I learned a lot about myself this summer. Or we could say that God taught me a lot of stuff about myself this summer.

So, I'm back. I don't know how often I'll be writing - that will sort itself out as I begin my second year and begin to understand how heavy the workload will be.

But just thought I'd let you know that I'm definitely still alive. Probably quite different from 2 months ago, but still ready to take on the world just the same.

K

No comments: