Friday, July 04, 2008

My nose is sunburned.

My first week of work has come to an end. I must say that Friday ran MUCH smoother than Tuesday did. By this time I know what all my classes are, and which kids (first and last names) are in each of my classes. Well, not all of the last names, but we're close. The 3 and a half hours of instructing in the pool in the morning is seeming shorter and more bearable than it did the first day. I'm getting to know the swim staff I work with. We laugh a lot. And I'm getting tanned.

It's not all hunky dory though. Some of the kids I teach are not in the right level. We as swim staff however, can do nothing about this. We can do nothing because the parents of the kids at the camp would get upset if we demote their kid four levels because they can't do front crawl. Demoting them, however, would teach them more and would be more safe in the long run. So I'm stuck teaching my level 4's front glides instead of front crawl and making sure my level 5's don't sink. It's a little bit messy, but at least we have a lot to do.

Anyways, I'm enjoying myself. I really do enjoy teaching swimming.

----------------------------------------

I've discovered that summer is about doing things you enjoy that you would never have time to do during the year. Like painting. Or going to Marble Slab. Or watching 2 episodes What not to Wear in a row. Or getting a tan.

No comments: