Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm just a little fond of you.

I seem to be in a perpetual state of writing these days; writing songs that is.
They seem to be getting harder and harder to write.
When I was young, I was able to spew out a song in like 45 min flat. One sitting max. They also weren't very good back then. But it's all in the journey.
Now, it seems that I always have a song that I'm working on. At this moment I even have two.

Sometimes my songs are really spirit led. By that I mean, they are influenced and anointed by the Holy Spirit. The emotion and passion come from somewhere deep down in my spirit. But at the moment it feels like I'm writing one that is totally just on the surface. It's concerning a matter that I've already let God deal with. It has more to do with my soul, and what I'm feeling in the moment, rather than the truth of who God says I am. But I'm still drawn to it.

I'm not making much sense at the moment. Oh well.

Anyways, It makes me second guess whether it's really healthy for me to be writing it. But it still makes good music. That's all I'm saying.

Many times, I'm writing a song and in my mind I'm thinking, I am never playing this song in public. It's too personal, or too misunderstood, or too crazy, or too whatever. The funny thing is that God always seems to take whatever music I write, for whatever reason, and turn it into something beautiful that has a way of touching other people's hearts. Hehe, and a song that I never intended to be played for an audience all the sudden is one that I play most often for people. Because they relate to it. It helps people understand their own situation. And that is one of the reasons that I love this.

P.S. Music is so much easier to write at nighttime in semi-darkness. That way I can just wail away in the atmosphere of the moment.

1 comment:

Ben said...

that is true, I write so much more when it's around 11:00pm, b/c I'm just sitting in my room thinking about other things,when my mind will suddenly explode, and there no distractions b/c everyone's asleep, so I just write it all out.