Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update on my time at Glendon.

I have successfully finished my first class in all six of my courses.
I can already tell that it's going to be a lot of work. But, who are we kidding, I expected that.
My "List of things to do" is already stretching from here to Timbuktu, which makes me thankful for my 4 day weekends, those of which I will be spending the majority of my time doing homework.

I went to my first Gospel Choir Rehearsal today! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was absolutely fantastic, completely worth my time taking the shuttle from Glendon to Keele. I'm going to love it.

My French classes: I feel that they will be helpful in terms of improving my french, but whether or not they will be fun... that is yet to be seen. Probably not. We'll see. I want to stay optimistic. I really want to spend this year applying myself to speak, read, and listen to la langue française hors de l'école (outside of the classroom).

In terms of extra curricular.. not sure yet what I'll have time for. I tried to sign up for Glendon Christian Fellowship, but they seem to meet on all the days that I am not available. Tuesday nights, when I'm at the Gospel Choir at Keele, Monday nights when I work, and Thursdays when I'm not at school. So, we'll see how that works out.

Needless to say, I'm coming home tired (more like wiped) everyday, and I am in the midst of getting over a cold.
Eugh...but I'm content.

K

No comments: