Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love in the air? At least for all of you it is.

Life takes on a new perspective when the ones close to you begin dating, having boyfriends/girlfriends, getting married. Friendships inevitably change when a special someone enters the picture.

I guess it just takes me back to those times when us girls sat around the living room laughing, crying, and talking for hours on end about this boy and that guy. At that time, it felt real, right, it was still fresh. But we move on, have new experiences, meet new people.

There was always that excitement for the future (still is), but at the same time there was a warmness that we shared; a camaraderie of the mutual understanding of being single.

We made jokes about being each others bridesmaids - swearing to choose each other as maid of honour.

Several of my close friends have recently entered into romantic relationships. Two of my cousins are getting married this upcoming year. And so should be expected as we all begin to get older. I guess it just sneaks up on you. I feel as though these next few years are gonna fly by all the same, and that sneaking up will probably become a whirlwind.

I have my whole life ahead of me. Love my be in the air for several of those that I love, but it seems a bit more than a hop, skip and a step away from me. How do I know? Just a feeling. Doesn't mean there isn't that anticipation that bubbles up in my heart every so often.

K

2 comments:

Luke Anthony said...

I've been noticing this too. I guess high school and everything that goes with it really is getting farther and farther away.

The hard thing for me was realizing that patience is not enough, I have to be at peace with the painful idea that I may never be like the people around me who are finding happy relationships.

The good thing was realizing that patience is enough after all because life is relatively short and there's a much better joy after.

Michelle said...

Yes!! Exactly! I completely agree and I've been feeling this change a lot recently. But hey even if love is a hop, skip and a jump away for you....that doesn't mean a whole lot of fun and excitement isn't going to happen in the meantime! It can be frustrating and hopefully exciting all at the same time.